Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Juggling Genre's

     It has now come to the time when I have to finalize my main genre focus. In my previous blog post, I mentioned how I had been thinking about basing my film opening around the genre Rom-Com. I am in between doing that genre or just basing it on a romance film. Both are relatively the same, but I believe that Rom-Com can focus a less serious side to the film. In which case can cause the viewer to be entertained throughout the film. 

      I was building some research about the genre Rom-Com. What I learned is that this genre has no specified target audience. Considering that it can apply to everyone. Simply because everyone craves love. Also, another thing that I learned is that most movies from this genre typically end with a happy ending. As well as if there are two specific main characters in the film then the chemistry that is shared within is essential. That is also an objective that can't be forced upon two characters. Which is something I will take into consideration if I include a guy actor by my side. 

    If you are interested in looking at films that are known to be the most popular in the Rom-Com genre then the article where I received my research was Leah Asmelash and Scottie Andrew, February 14, 2022, The anatomy of a romantic comedy - CNN

   On the other hand, I was also looking into just romance drama films. Although Rom-Coms have their similarities, it should be noted that romance dramas don't always have a happy ending. I feel like for me it would come down to what film ideas I come up more with. Since there is a key difference then what I think I'm going to do is develop two different story plots and see which one I can carry out the best. 

    Now that I have researched more in-depth about the genre and the different types of romance films that I can develop, I feel a lot more educated. Therefore, what I am going to do now is just start brainstorming different plots and character stories I can incorporate. I am also going to watch some romance films this week and get more of a deeper look into the genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ending it off with a reflection

   Hi, blog! Welcome back. At the same time, I was typing that, I realized that this was the last time I would be doing so. Since it has com...