Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Scene Development

   Hi, blog welcome back. Today I am going to bring you guys along on how I chose to establish my opening scene and how it will lead you into the plot of my film opening. Before I even started filming, I had talked with my teacher so that I could receive some input on specific ideas I had to develop my storyline. Considering that I knew what I wanted my storyline to consist of, I could not figure out a way to establish it. My teacher then proceeded to suggest a few ideas and that left me to then evaluate what would be the best fit for my film. I ended up narrowing it down to begin my film with a close-up of me scrolling through social media. 

  The reason this shot was chosen was due to the purpose it would serve in the following scenes. For example, in the close up you can see how Maddie looks upset while she is scrolling through Instagram. This shot is what sets up the whole story. The story is how detrimental it can be for someone to start to compare themselves and want to rush into something, even if they never had an interest in it, to begin with. The film then begins to explore a series of change. 

    A movie that has a similar opening scene is the movie Eighth Grade (2018).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ending it off with a reflection

   Hi, blog! Welcome back. At the same time, I was typing that, I realized that this was the last time I would be doing so. Since it has com...